SEND Information Report
The Government has asked all Local Authorities in the UK to publish, in one place, information about the services and provision they expect to be available in their area for children and young people from 0 to 25 who have Special Educational Needs and/or a Disability (SEND).
This is known as the Local Offer. Further information about the Gateshead Local Offer can be found on the Gateshead Council Local Offer home page listed below.
Gateshead Behaviour Support Service values all children equally
We are committed to our ethos that ‘we never leave a child behind’. All students are entitled to have access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, which is differentiated to meet individual needs. We are committed to equal opportunities, and all students regardless of ability, are encouraged to achieve their full potential and to help them break down the barriers to learning.
Students of all ages and all abilities will:
- Have access to a broad and balanced curriculum that maximises the life chances of all
- Be assessed for any special educational need to ensure accurate and rapid identification
- Be encouraged to learn through a range of enjoyable and stimulating experiences in an atmosphere where students feel valued, encouraged and safe.
- Learn to develop independent learning skills so that they will be equipped to deal with life after school.
- Be encouraged to see education as a life-long process.
This SENd Information Report outlines information for parents/carers regarding the ways in which we provide support for all students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SENd).